I write book reviews, I also write books, and occasionally I write about myself!

Monday 13 August 2012

Review... You Don't Know Jack - Erin McCarthy


You Don't Know Jack - Erin McCarthy
Brava
Kensington, 2008
ISBN: 9780758214102












My rating




From the back cover:

"Jamie Peters no longer believes in true love. True idiots, true scumbags, true moochers - these she believes in wholeheartedly, and she's got the checkered dating history to prove it. So, she's more than a little skeptical when her cross-dressing psychic tells her she's about to meet her soul mate - during an accident. Yeah, sounds about right. And then it happens. A knight in shining armour steps between her and a mugger on a subway platform. Just a regular, honest, upright Jack. The kind they don't make anymore...
Jonathon Davidson doesn't believe in destiny - or lying to beautiful women as a rule. But now that Jamie thinks he's just an ordinary guy, how can he possibly tell her that he's really, her roommate's brother, a millionaire to boot, and the jerk who's investigating her application to his grandfather's charitable trust because she may be involved in something illegal? Yeah, rhetorical question. He can't. Not until he knows what's going on. Besides, it would require being able to resist Jamie's luscious curves long enough to say, "Hi, my name is Big Liar. Let's get naked." Sometimes, destiny sucks..."

I have tried quite a few Single-Title romances from a bunch of popular authors but I have never really warmed to the style of them, so I started reading this on with a bit of trepidation. While I can't say that I love it, I did find it relatively enjoyable.

My favourite thing at this book is that the hero falls head over heels in love with the heroine and isn't afraid to say it.

The heroine is quirky and endearing but she constantly pushed the hero away for what seemed like ridiculous reasons and this became incredibly frustrating after a while.

The premise of the book (hero is investigating heroine, falls in love but doesn't say who he really is or what he's doing) had great potential for both conflict and fun, but I think everything was revealed too early, it let the idea down in my opinion. After that it seemed liked all the book was about was the heroine's issues (and she had a lot) and the hero being a bit too-good-to-be-true.

It's an OK read.

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment